***MEN & WOMEN WHO ARE AVAILABLE DURING THE WEEKDAY***
The Mt Barker Country Fire Service is responsible for the protection of persons, property and the environment from fire, chemical incidents and other emergencies.
The Mt Barker CFS brigade relies on volunteers to provide a professional fire service to our community. All members involved in the brigade volunteer their time freely without receiving payment for their services.
Our members are made up of a wide variety of people, including students, trades people, professionals, Government employees and other emergency services staff (SA Ambulance and SA Police personnel).
Volunteer Fire-fighters enjoy a unique mixture of normal everyday activities and Fire Service orientated training sessions whilst still always being ready to attend an emergency call..
The call may be for any number of differing situations, which may include a fire, a rescue, a dangerous substance spillage, or perhaps a combination of all three. Normally, these incidents are handled by the attending crews in accordance with Standard Operational Procedures, but on occasion the Volunteer Firefighter may have their courage, skills and knowledge tested to the absolute limit..
The CFS offers numerous nationally accredit training courses,
- Basic Fire fighting 1 (Nationally accredited)
- Suppress Wildfire (Level 2) (Nationally accredited)
- Plantation Firefighting
- Operate Open Circuit Compressed air Breathing Apparatus (CABA) (Nationally accredited)
- Suppress urban fire, Compartment Fire Behavior module (Nationally accredited)
- Suppress Flammable Liquid fires
- Rescue and Hazmat
- Senior First Aid
- Advanced Oxygen resuscitation (Oxygen therapy and Automated external de-fibrillation)
- Undertake Road Accident rescue (Nationally accredited)
- Participate in Rescue operation (Rope rescue) (Nationally accredited)
- Hazmat (Nationally accredited)
- Monitor dangerous atmospheres
- Safe Off Road Driving,
- AIIMS incident management (Nationally accredited)
- Strike Team leader,
- Staging Area Management
- Navigate in Urban and Rural Environments
- Global Positioning Systems Instructor
- SPAM (Stress Prevention And Management)
- Train Small Groups
- Workplace Assessor and Instructor courses in Hot Pad, Breathing Apparatus
If you are interested in joining the Mount Barker Fire brigade, there are a number of pre-requisites that must be
met before an application can be processed :
- You are fit and healthy;
- You are able to attend training on Monday evenings
- You are over 16 years of age.
- Pass a police clearance
- You are available during the day and night for emergency calls
If you can meet these pre-requites or like further information please Call the CFS Recruitment Hotline on 1300 364 587 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Alternatively Mount Barker Brigade holds training every Monday night from 1900 hours until 2130 hours, the fire station is located on the corner of Hack Street and Mann Street in Mount Barker. Interested members of the community are encouraged to print off the attached “Expression of Interest” and “police Check Form” and attend the fire station on Monday nights at 1900hrs. So come down and meet the crew, ask any questions you may have, learn more about the Mt Barker Fire Service and join up today.